All artwork and text is copyrighted by Andy Bialk, unless otherwise attributed to the respective copyright owner, it is illegal to publish or print any such artwork or text without written permission by the artist or copyright owners.

Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Dreamworks' "Shrek Forever After"






When the Shrek 4 team asked me to help with designs for the "Pied Piper", I wasn't sure what to think. I've never drawn in the Shrek style and was concerned that my designs would not be well received. Fortunatlely, I was wrong. I've posted my final color version which was then put in the Shrek style by the talented Patrick Mate. Some of my preliminary sketches as well as loads of beautiful designs and paintings can be found in the Art of Shrek Forever After on Amazon. Many thanks to the director, Mike Mitchell, the production designer, Peter Zaslav, and Art Directors, Mike Hernandez and Max Boa for being so flexible and easy to work with. Click here to watch a featurette with the Pied Piper from "Shrek Forever After" and then go see the film!

18 comments:

Justin Rodrigues said...

Very cool stuff. cant wait to go see the movie!

Don Shank said...

These are all very cool Andy!
great work.

Owen Williams said...

Love it

froggie said...

imho...the best character in shrek 3. i'm just saying...he moved like a black swan and cole hamels all together. ")

and i think you're also the guy who helped bring karl pilkington's forearms to life, or maybe just lying quietly on the studio table. brilliant. one of my fav characters all year. ")))

Gulzar said...

loving these~

Owen Flanagan said...

Excellent designs Andy, the weapons are great.

Chris Battle said...

Nice! I like the regular updating, man!

Jason Scheier said...

awesome work andy

Andy Bialk said...

Hi "froggie" and thank you! I did work on "The Ricky Gervais Show". Lots of fun! But it was Craig Kellman who designed Karl Pilkington as well as Ricky and Stephan (and many more!). The animators such as Joey Adams were responsible for bringing "Karl Pilkingtion's forearms to life". Great show!

michaelamos said...

Great designs - love the weapons!

Austin Papageorge said...

You know, seeing these designs makes me want to see this film!

Nice job, Andy!

seanmaximus said...

great stuff u have here, can't wait for ur next update... cheers:-D

Colin Jack said...

great blog !

Manoj a menon said...

Hi Andy,

I just got my copy of 'the art of how to train your dragon' and i was looking at page 53.
loved the 'frog monster'.
It would be great to know how your work is in DW...someday I aim to work with the team.
are you a fan of UPA films?
Pls do take it as a compliment ..and that its a fabulous style for sure....
thanks for sharing your works..

i have a blog as well...do feel free to check it anytime.
would love to know if i qualify there.(DW).

noisefromfuture.blogspot.com
noisefromfuture@gmail.com

Griselda Sastrawinata said...

Wow, you have so many awesome work. My favorite is the spoon and fork for match.com. It makes me laugh. Super cute.

James said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gillibean said...

Wow these are very inspirational! Great details int he costumes and props! Love it!

dongbangsac said...

very cool stuff